Summer is in full swing and we want to remind everyone to take care of their beautiful skin by focusing on protection with the rise of melanoma cases.
In California, the rate of melanoma incidence is 22.4 per 100,000. (U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2016).
Sun’s rays get stronger in to summer, to prevent cancer and sun damage like wrinkles and signs of premature aging protection is key. The American Academy of Dermatology advises the following:
- Find shade and limit your time in the sun during peak hours, 10AM to 2PM. The sun’s rays are strongest during these times.
- Wear protective clothing and gear such as long sleeves, hats, and sunglasses.
- Apply broad spectrum sunscreen every 2 hours with at least an SPF of 30.
- Take caution out in the water, snow, and sand. These surfaces intensify the damaging rays and increase risk of sunburn.
Products We Recommend for Maximum Protection
We have several products to protect your skin from the harsh UV rays and sun damage.
Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50
It is a broad spectrum sunscreen with UVA/UVB protection. It is a zinc oxide sunscreen that is water resistant for up to 40 minutes. We apply this sunscreen after our laser rejuvenation treatments.
- Sheer, tinted sunscreen adapts to most skin tones without a white cast
- Water resistant for up to 40 minutes
- Boosts radiance for a more even, luminous complexion
- Helps boost skin’s natural defenses to environmental stress
- Paraben-free and fragrance-free; non-comedogenic
- Ideal for all skin types, even very sensitive skin
Triple Lipid Restore 2:4:2
This anti-aging cream helps with restoring and nourishing damaged and or aging skin. It is a corrective cream to help with the visible appearance of skin’s tone, texture, laxity, pores, and overall radiance. It is called 2:4:2 because it contains 2% pure ceramides, 4% natural cholesterol, and 2% fatty acids.
- Restores essential skin lipids: ceramides, natural cholesterol, and fatty acids
- Improves the look of skin fullness, texture, and pore appearance
- Improves the appearance of skin evenness and overall radiance
- Unique lipid stabilization system in a lightweight and fast-absorbing texture
- Shortens the adjustment period to retinoids up to 1 week while reducing dryness (see Science & Proof below)
- Paraben-, and dye-free
- Ideal for aging, normal, and dry skin types
CE Ferulic® with 15% L-Ascorbic Acid
A daytime vitamin C serum to combat signs of aging, photodamage, the appearance of lines and wrinkles, and the loss of firmness while brightening skin’s complexion. It is a serum created to help neutralize free radical induced by UVA/UVB, infrared radiation, and ozone pollution.
- Provides advanced environmental protection by neutralizing damaging free radicals
- Visible anti-aging benefits, such as the improvement of the appearance of lines and wrinkles, loss of firmness, and brightens skin’s complexion
- Neutralizes free radicals on the upper layer of the skin to help prevent the impact of ozone damage to skin
- Once absorbed, this vitamin C serum remains effective for a minimum of 72 hours
- Paraben-free and ideal for normal, dry, and sensitive skin types
- Tested suitable for use post-laser, consult with your clinician for individual post-procedure care
Call us at 949-368-0453 for your skin assessment and to stock up on your favorite SkinCeuticals essentials. We love pairing SkinCeuticals with all of our laser skin treatments.